Salary and Other Benefits
Subject to annual reappointment and contingent upon availability of funds. Actual salary commensurate with education and experience.
The individual in this position works as a representative of the University of Wyoming (UW) in the delivery of a comprehensive 4-H Youth Development program. This function is realized through existing and new youth clubs, school enrichment activities, and other educational programming. Duties include:
• Implement educational programs, policies, materials, and activities as part of the overall efforts of the Wyoming 4-H program and the identified needs of Weston County clientele.
• Organize, coordinate, and support participation in county fairs, 4-H events, camps, clinics, and contests.
• Provide leadership in recruiting, training, and retention of adult volunteers.
• Provide leadership in recruiting and retaining youth members in clubs.
• Provide leadership and support to 4-H Clubs, 4-H Councils, and project committees.
• Provide information to volunteers, youth, and parents regarding educational opportunities through the use of e-mail, social media, applications, and print communication formats.
• Foster relationships and develop partnerships with other youth serving groups, schools, or organizations.
• Coordinate registration, supervision, and transportation for participants in 4-H related events held in other counties, across the state, or out of state.
• Implement program evaluation, documentation, and reporting.
• Provide administrative oversight to financial and fundraising efforts involving 4-H youth and volunteers.
• Foster a culture of positive youth development in all 4-H programming efforts.
• Contribute to various teams including county office, multi-county area, state 4-H initiative, youth issues, and other UW
Extension initiative teams.
• A valid driver’s license and serviceable/insured vehicle.
• The ability to participate in physically active educational experiences.
PLEASE NOTE: Duties of this position often include physical activities associated with experiential learning.
• An earned Bachelor’s degree with academic training and/or professional experience relevant to the responsibilities of the position. • Valid driver’s license. • Demonstrated prior 4-H experience. • Knowledge of positive youth development principles and teaching methods. • Demonstrated skills and abilities to organize and facilitate educational programs and activities such as; county fairs, contests, workshops, and/or camps as part of the 4-H program.
• Experience recruiting, training, and managing adult volunteers. • Academic training and/or experience to support mastery of specific 4-H projects. • Demonstrated knowledge of educational program development, implementation and evaluation. • Experience teaching youth and adult audiences. • Excellence in ability to communicate orally and in writing. Evidence documented through application materials and experience. • Experience in developing partnerships with other youth serving organizations and fostering positive relationships with community stakeholders. • Demonstrated teamwork. • Experience with underserved and/or diverse youth audiences. • Knowledge of Extension and the land-grant university system. • Knowledge of and appreciation for rural and agricultural communities.
Driver’s license or alternate transportation required?
• Completed online UW application • Detailed letter of intent specifically addressing qualifications relative to the responsibilities and qualifications of the position • Current resume/curriculum vitae • Copies of all college transcripts; (official transcripts required at time of hiring). • Four (4) letters of reference from individuals who can address your professional qualifications
Equal Employer Statement(s)
The University of Wyoming is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations.