Salary and Other Benefits
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off. Quicklink for Posting
Community & Economic Development Extension Field Specialist, Hillsborough County
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire, and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
Summary of Position
The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension and Hillsborough County invite qualified individuals to apply for the Hillsborough County Community and Economic Development Field Specialist position based in Goffstown, New Hampshire. The Field Specialist will provide educational outreach, technical assistance, community planning, and project implementation support that builds community and regional leaders’ capacity to grow and sustain the local and regional economy and strengthen communities. Focus areas include economic development, business retention and expansion, entrepreneurial development, Main Street revitalization, regional collaboration, and community engagement to enhance the implementation of plans and projects. Emphasis will be placed on cultivating an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that fosters business and entrepreneurial growth. This is a full-time, benefited position.
The position will be supervised by the Program Team Leader for Community and Economic Development on matters related to (a) performance and job responsibilities, (b) developing effective external working relationships with clientele groups, other agencies, departments, and organizations, © professional development and (d) planning and reporting. The position will necessitate collaboration with staff across the Community and Economic Development Program Team, as well as other Program Teams, including Natural Resources and Food and Agriculture.
As part of a County Extension team, this position may also be appointed in the future to serve as the County Office Administrator, which would be a 20% appointment with a stipend (programmatic workload will be reduced to accommodate this appointment).
Field Specialist Responsibilities: 70%
· Collaborate on the development and implementation of new outreach programs and educational resources focused on sustaining and growing local and regional economies.
· Assist with and lead implementation of programs focused on economic development, business retention and expansion, Main Street revitalization, tourism and outdoor recreation, entrepreneurial development, and workforce development in partnership with UNH Extension colleagues, statewide collaborators, and UNH resources.
· Contribute to community and economic development efforts in Hillsborough County and the region by providing planning, technical, and project assistance to communities, community development groups, and regional coalitions.
· Provide education and technical support to decision-makers regarding economic data and trends to inform decision-making (e.g. downtown market analysis, economic impact analysis, etc.).
· Educate community and economic development practitioners, community leaders, and volunteers so they have the skills to implement effective economic development strategies.
· Develop tools and information resources—including data—that support decision-making by community and regional decision-makers.
Other Required Duties and Responsibilities: 30%
· Engage diverse audiences in Hillsborough County, including New Americans and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations.
· Participate in program planning with the Community and Economic Development Team.
· Provide timely data for UNH Cooperative Extension’s reporting system for documenting and evaluating program outcomes.
· Participate in staff meetings – including program team meetings, county staff meetings, and county advisory council meetings – as well as other program activities as appropriate.
· Keep accurate, complete, and timely work records and reports.
· Assume responsibilities for travel within the state and at appropriate national conferences.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/42856
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
About University of New Hampshire
We’re New Hampshire’s flagship public research institution. This means we share a special commitment to pursuing research that contributes to the greater good. With award-winning faculty, cutting-edge facilities and a main campus within reach of everything from the mountains and ocean to the major metropolitan hub of Boston, we put you at the edge of possible.