Salary and Other Benefits
Commensurate with Experience
University of Idaho
Extension Faculty – 4-H Youth Development
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Northern District is seeking applications for an Extension Faculty Senior Instructor of 4-H Youth Development. The Senior Instructor will provide leadership in 4-H Youth Development and in 4-H Youth programming. The position will provide support and extension outreach in Latah and surrounding North Central Idaho Area sub-region within the Northern Extension District. The position will provide leadership, guidance, and management to the 4-H Youth Development program in Latah County and will collaborate with Extension personnel across program and county lines plus actively participate on State 4-H teams and committees.
• Bachelor’s degree related to education or youth development is required by date of hire
• Demonstrated ability to design innovative and effective educational programs in response to local needs; implement programs and evaluate their effectiveness.
• Demonstrated experience working directly with youth and adult audiences and experience collaborating with community organizations to provide educational experiences to diverse youth audiences and others. A Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with program audiences.
• Demonstrated competency in people related skills such as teaching, problem solving, communication, conflict management, relationship building and leadership development.
• Ability to work well in a team, provide effective leadership for Extension programming, and provide marketing and promotion of the 4-H program.
• Ability to communicate (oral, written, listening, public speaking/presentation skills).
• Ability to recruit, teach, and manage volunteers.
• Computer literacy as demonstrated by the use of technology in programming.
• A master’s degree in an applicable field of study.
• Extension experience in 4-H Youth Development, or applicable professional experience.
• Knowledge of Latah county and the surrounding area.
• Experience in fund raising, grantsmanship, and cost recovery efforts. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with mass media (TV, Internet, radio, newspapers).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Work a flexible schedule, including some weekends
• Must: possess a valid driver’s license.
• Physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Work a flexible schedule, including some weekends
Must: possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001019P
Posting Date: 05/03/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by June 4, 2022 will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3055280
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.