Salary and Other Benefits
$17.32 per hour or higher depending on experience
University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.32 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Provides support for the University of Idaho’s Palouse Research and Extension Center research activities and farm operations including but not limited to: maintenance and repair of machinery, small engines and various other mechanical and electrical equipment, fleet vehicles, and upkeep of station buildings. Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair schedule with farm staff to avoid conflicts of research demand and make sure equipment is ready for necessary activities. Ensure work is completed in accordance with all written or verbal work orders, all while maintaining a clean, safe and well-organized work area. Purchase parts, supplies and equipment. Assurance of equipment upkeep will be achieved by use of maintenance logs for both motorized and non-motorized equipment. Creates a work environment that emphasizes teamwork and safety.
– Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
– Experience using: software programs for record keeping practices; farm equipment use.
– Experience analyzing and detecting mechanical problems and implementing new procedures as needed, work and communicate with diverse audiences.
– Experience repairing and maintaining diesel systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, brake systems, small engines and various other mechanical and electronic systems found on farm equipment, vehicles, and research equipment.
– Experience repairing and maintaining buildings and facilities, which may include carpentry, and working with heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, and structural systems.
– Experience operating gas and arc welding equipment.
– Experience reading and interpreting technical service manuals.
– Working with minimal supervision.
– 5+ years as a skilled craftsman.
– Post-secondary education, preferably in a technical and/or mechanical field.
– Post-secondary training and certification as a mechanic and/or welder.
– Experience in: modifying, repairing, and fabricating equipment used for field, greenhouse, and laboratory research.
– Experience in safety precautions and procedures relating to mechanical equipment and repair shops; the use, care, and disposal of hazardous automotive material and waste.
– Experience operating tractors and other agricultural equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
– Physical condition and stamina sufficient to perform strenuous work, bend and stoop, and to frequently lift, carry, and/or otherwise move heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002844P
Posting Date: 06/02/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position will remain open until a suitable applicant pool has been identified.
Applications received by June 16, 2021, will receive first consideration.
In addition to the online application and resume, individuals should submit a letter of qualification.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2290647
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.