Salary and Other Benefits
Commensurate with Experience
University of Idaho
Extension Faculty – Idaho County – Adult Livestock Production & 4-H Youth Development
Location: Off Campus Location – Grangeville
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
University of Idaho Extension Northern District is seeking applicants for a 12-month, tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor, Extension Educator, Livestock Production and 4-H Youth Development position. The position will provide overall leadership, applied research and organization for educational programs in livestock production with a major emphasis in beef cattle production, forage crop production and 4-H youth development in Idaho County. This position will also provide animal science educational programming in the other counties of northern Idaho as needed. In addition, the educator may provide administrative leadership serving as the Idaho County administrative chair.
• An earned Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution in an agricultural area that may include, Animal Science, Crop Science, Agriculture Education, Extension Education, or a closely related discipline (the required degree(s) must be completed by the date of hire).
• Experience and ability to work collaboratively with individuals and organizations from a range of public and private perspectives.
• Ability to adapt research materials for effective written and oral presentations.
• Willing and able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs).
• Demonstrated competency in people related skills such as teaching, problem solving, communication, conflict management, relationship building and leadership development.
• Ability to work well in a team, provide effective leadership for Extension programming.
• Computer literacy and competence in using technology for program delivery, record keeping, reporting, and team-based communications.
• Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with program audiences.
• Experience working in Extension as an Educator.
• Demonstrated ability to design innovative and effective educational programs in response to local needs; implement programs and evaluate their effectiveness.
• Leadership and work experience in livestock and forage crop production.
• Experience in grant application and administration.
• Experience working in youth development programs.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
• Must: possess a valid driver’s license.
• Physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
Must: possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001026P
Posting Date: 05/10/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by June 9, 2022 will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:
James A. Church
Northern District Extension
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3069245
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.