University of Idaho
Extension Faculty – Agriculture/Horticulture – Elmore County
Location: Off Campus Location – Elmore County Extension/Mountain Home, ID
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Extension is seeking an Assistant or Associate Extension Educator for Elmore County. The Extension Educator will provide leadership in all county and some district agriculture, small acreage, and horticulture programs (80%). The Educator will provide assistance in university outreach where appropriate. They will plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and report agricultural programs for stakeholders and clientele. In addition, the Educator will provide county and multi-county support for 4-H Youth Development in the agricultural project area (10%). The Educator will serve as administrative chair of the Elmore County Extension Office, negotiating and managing the county budget in conjunction with Elmore County Extension Office personnel, and building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders (10%). A stipend will be provided for serving as County Chair.
• Master’s of Science in agricultural area that may include, Animal Science, Crop Science, Agricultural Economics, Food Systems, Horticulture, Extension Education, or other Agricultural Science degrees.
• Experience providing organizational structure and support for a variety of individuals and groups.
• Experience collaborating in teams focused on achieving positive educational outcomes.
• Experience adapting research materials into effective oral and written presentations.
• Experience using up-to-date computer technology to market programs and communicate with stakeholders and clientele.
• At least 3 years management, business, or technical agriculture work experience (relevant experience acquired within last 5 years preferred).
• Extension experience providing effective instruction, support, and promotion for educational programs.
• Knowledge of Hispanic culture and ability to speak/read Spanish.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Must be able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs). Must be able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs).
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001095P
Posting Date: 01/17/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by February 16, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIdaho-Responsive/Files/human-resources/careers/letter-of-qualification-template.docx?la=en&hash=BB7E0EE86C9FC9D4B8C524A2A45A8FDBC9D2EA01 addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Patrick A. Momont
UI-Extension Southern District
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3812189
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.