Salary and Other Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Associate Dean and Associate Director for Cooperative Extension in the College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR) must be a visionary leader for the Cooperative Extension programs. The Associate Dean of Extension serves with the CTAHR Dean, Associate Dean and Associate Director for Research, and Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs in the daily operations of CTAHR.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a discipline encompassed within CTAHR. Qualified as a Rank 5 professor (full professor). Candidates must have attained the academic Rank 4 (associate professor) or have demonstrated a record of comparable professional experience prior to appointment.
- Experience in Cooperative Extension and an understanding of the state-federal Extension partnership.
- Experience as an Extension Agent and/or Extension Specialist
- Evidence of leadership experience
- Familiarity with Extension operations in other states
- Able to communicate in a second language
For best consideration, submit the following by July 20, 2022, to NeoGov at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu/jobs/3586688/associate-dean-associate-director-of-cooperative-extension-89069
1) Cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications
2) Curriculum vitae
3) Names and contact information for at least three professional references
4) Official transcripts (copies accepted, however official transcripts will be required upon hire)
Failure to submit all required documents shall deem an application to be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For inquiries contact the Search Committee Chair, Jeff Goodwin, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employer Statement(s)
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture civil rights regulations and policies, University of Hawaii at Manoa Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.