Academic Coordinator for Volunteer & Community Engagement -Academic Coordinator II (UC Master Gardener Program) AP 23-18
University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources
Academic Coordinator for Volunteer & Community Engagement -Academic Coordinator II (UC Master Gardener Program) AP# 23-18
UC, Agriculture and Natural Resources
This position is expected to (1) develop volunteer engagement resources and competencies for/in staff and academics working with UC Master Gardener volunteers, (2) support equity-focused volunteer engagement and ensure that practices are in place for volunteers in the UC Master Gardener Program to thrive, (3) create and promote standards for community engagement whereby county-based UC Master Gardener Programs have the tools and skills to work with groups of people affiliated by geographic proximity, special interest, or similar situations to co-create impactful projects that bring about environmental and behavioral change in line with the UC Master Gardener Program mission, and (4) foster opportunities for collaboration and integrated programming with other UC ANR statewide programs and institutes.
Duties, Qualification, Requirements
Requirement: Education: A minimum of a Master’s Degree, though advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as community development, education, adult education, extension education, sustainability education, adult development, human resource management, leadership, volunteer management or other disciplines closely related to the position duties and responsibilities is required at the time of appointment.
• Experience in managing volunteer programs and engaging volunteers.
• Experience or expertise in implementing community-driven projects.
• Experience working with ethnically and racially diverse audiences.
• Experience with evaluation including needs assessment, focus groups, and impact evaluation.
• Experience and demonstrated ability to effectively identify, manage and resolve conflict.
• Experience and demonstrated ability to apply for grants.
• This is not a remote position. The candidate must be available to be onsite.
• Experience in Extension and volunteer education, especially related to the Land Grant mission serving community needs for science-based information.
• Experience conducting an academic needs assessment.
• Advanced knowledge of organizational and governmental policies, procedures and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize similarities and differences across cultures and to bridge differences.
• Bilingual communication abilities in English and Spanish/Hmong/Mandarin/Vietnamese or other language spoken in the community.
SALARY: The beginning salary will be in the Academic Coordinator II series from Step 1 – $78,342 to Step 4 – $90,096 of the Academic Coordinator II, Fiscal Year Salary Table. Step placement in this series is based on experience. For information regarding the Academic Coordinator series salary scales, please refer to:
This position is a definite term appointment. The position is a two-year renewable term appointment with a merit cycle every two years. The performance in the position will be evaluated annually. The position will be extended based on the continued need for the position, performance and availability of funding.
Benefits: The University of California offers comprehensive benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, two days per month paid vacation, one day per month paid sick leave, and holidays. For more information, refer to the UC Benefits website at:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4643705. To assure full consideration, application packets must be received by November 27, 2023.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.