Salary and Other Benefits
Extension Educator 2
Penn State Extension seeks innovative, energetic professionals with a passion for positive youth development to implement the Philadelphia 4-H programs as well as support the statewide program. 4-H utilizes hands-on activities to foster critical thinking, leadership development, and community engagement. Programs are delivered through non-formal setting, such as 4-H clubs, camps, school enrichment, and after-school programs. Volunteers play an important role in the success of these endeavors, serving as club leaders, coaches and mentors.
The individual in this position works as a representative of the Penn State University in the delivery of a comprehensive 4-H Youth Development program in a wide range of 4-H curriculum areas. This includes maintaining and expanding existing local 4-H club programs, supervision of programs delivered by program assistants and volunteers, building community collaborations and partnerships, developing a revenue enhancement portfolio, and creating a professional development plan.
Major responsibilities include:
1) Assess, collaborate, and develop Extension initiatives and programs uniquely designed for urban audiences.
2) Implement and evaluate educational programs, materials, and activities as part of the overall efforts of the Pennsylvania 4-H program and the identified needs.
3) Provide leadership for efforts that harmonize urban and rural populations. This could include local food production and promotion, broadening the connection between urban and rural agriculture, strengthening economic development with education to help youth and adults with job training, community engagement, leadership development, food insecurity issues, and needs for first generation 4-H families and those not previously served by Extension.
4) Recruit, screen, train, and support adult volunteers.
5) Promote 4-H programs to retain current members and to recruit new and diverse youth audiences.
6) Effectively build multi-discipline and multi-jurisdictional relationships, collaborate with local, county and state agencies, organizations and businesses, community members, Extension professionals, and local decisions makers.
7) Provide effective communication to volunteers, youth, and parents to ensure a quality experience.
8) Coordinate registration, supervision, and transportation for participants in 4-H related events held in other counties, across the state, or out of state.
9) Implement program evaluation, documentation, and reporting.
10) Provide administrative oversight to 4-H volunteers, youth and clubs to ensure that policy and procedural expectations are followed.
11) Manage funds raised in the name of 4-H at the club and county levels.
12) Comply with the affirmative action plan. Through public notification and “All Reasonable Efforts, ensure all programs accessible to clientele without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
13) Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Director of Programs and Area 4-H Educator.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree preferred) plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have a degree in youth development, public health, public administration, communication, education, nutrition, community development, leadership or closely related field. Familiarity with various ethnic and socioeconomic audiences, an interest and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, and a commitment to the principles of diversity.
Candidate should possess teaching, program development and evaluation skills, and demonstrate positive human relations and effective communication skills necessary to work effectively with youth, parents, leaders, government officials, and the general public.
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to the clearances. Candidates must also be willing to work flexible hours.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2217340
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.