4-H Youth Development STEM Extension Specialist
Salary and Other Benefits
Anticipated Salary Range: $65,000-$78,000 || Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
The Department Head of 4-H Youth Development seeks a dynamic and innovative professional to provide leadership and programmatic direction for 4-H Youth Development to:
- Statewide STEM and Natural Resources 4-H youth development programs (including advising Shooting Sports Education).
- Career and college readiness of youth.
- Assigned to liaison with STEM and Natural Resources related departments in K-State’s College of Agriculture, Education, Architecture, Engineering, Arts and Science.
- Local professionals & volunteers from 15-18 Kansas Counties engaging in overall 4-H youth development (assignment to be determined)
The Extension Specialist will carry out the mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program and KSRE under the direction of the Department Head of 4-H Youth Development and a yet to be determined Regional Local Unit Extension Director. This position is officed from Manhattan, KS
This position will serve as a key member of a team of 4-H Youth Development Specialists who collaboratively work with the strategic content priorities of STEM & Agriculture, Communications, Culture, & the Arts, Healthy Living, and Community Vitality to develop and deliver high-quality education programs and workforce readiness initiatives.
• Master’s degree in youth development, education, science-related fields, human development, non-profit and leadership studies, or a closely related discipline. • Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral, written, and understanding skills). • Demonstrated leadership in understanding and working with diverse populations, and/or strong evidence of cultural sensitivity. • Demonstrated competence in building relationships and working effectively with individuals, groups, colleagues, and the ability to develop and lead partnerships and collaborations. • Demonstrated leadership and skills in clarifying performance expectations in working with boards and coaching employees via remote supervision.
• Ability to speak and communicate bilingually (Spanish preferred) and evidence of cultural sensitivity. • Solid experience or coursework in developing and delivering education programs in a non-formal setting. • Experience with workforce readiness initiatives particularly related to STEM-related careers. • Demonstrated record of competitive grant writing, fund development, and marketing. • Experience in working with and supervising volunteers. • Teaching experience in community settings. • Demonstrated use of computers and technology in managing and/or delivering educational programs.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
Some overnight travel will be required.
Driver’s license or alternate transportation required?
For more information visit: ksre.k-state.edu/jobs
Equal Employer Statement(s)
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
About K-State Research and Extension
What we are: A statewide university network which generates new knowledge through research and provides practical information, education, and training on issues that Kansans consider important and helpful in improving their lives, organizations, businesses, families, communities, and farms.