University of Idaho
Extension Faculty – Farm Financial Management/Livestock Production/4-H
Location: Off Campus Location – Cassia County/Burley, ID
Division/College: College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
University of Idaho Extension’s Central District is seeking applicants for a 12-month, tenure-track or tenured, Assistant/Associate Professor, Extension Educator, located in the Cassia County Extension Office in Burley, Idaho. This position will be apportioned as 5% scholarship, 90% outreach and Extension, and 5% university service and leadership. The outreach and Extension portion will be approximately 40% farm financial management, 40% livestock production, and 20% 4-H. The Extension educator will provide leadership and have overall responsibility for a multifaceted Extension agriculture, farm financial management, and livestock production program in Cassia County consistent with district performance expectations; College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) Policies for Faculty Performance Expectations, Annual Performance Evaluations, and Promotion and Tenure Criteria; and in alignment with University of Idaho (UI) Extension and UI Strategic Plans. Working with clientele, various partners, and specialists to address issues and priority problems, the educator will plan, develop, implement, evaluate and report programming impacts. The educator will deliver programs in surrounding counties and be a member of at least one Priority Extension Theme (PET) group, while contributing to state programs. The educator will develop collaborations with partners to leverage resources and/or facilitate solutions to local issues. The educator will promote UI Extension programs with clientele, elected officials, and community partners. The educator will facilitate the transfer of technology, research and knowledge from the university to local residents while contributing to scholarly literature. The educator will publish in high-quality peer reviewed (refereed) journals, Extension publications, present at professional conferences, and submit proposals and secure funding to support this work. They will report activity and impact of their programs in the annual reporting system and will write one UI Extension Impact Statement annually, after the first three years of employment. Professional service is expected, including but not limited to professional associations, reviews of Extension publications, journal manuscripts, grant proposals, and external promotion packets. The educator will participate in faculty meetings, Annual Conference and on committees at the community, district, college and/or university level. The educator will increase the awareness of UI, CALS and UI Extension among the people of Cassia County and the region and communicate the needs of local people to the University. The educator will help recruit students through personal and programmatic contacts and by maintaining up-to-date information on UI degree programs in the local office. The educator will remain relevant in their discipline by continued professional growth and will work in harmony with colleagues in the best interests of UI and the people it serves. The educator will ensure compliance with the UI policy on non-discrimination as stated in the University of Idaho Faculty Staff Handbook, Section 3060 and Cassia County Extension Affirmative Action and Americans with Disabilities Act plans. Programs will be delivered through classes, workshops, demonstrations, research projects, volunteer training sessions, and other methods as appropriate. The educator will promote University of Idaho Extension programs with clientele, elected officials, and other community partners through newsletters, websites, press releases, radio/television, and social media, etc. The educator will assist with 4-H activities throughout the year, including during the Cassia County Fair.
• An earned master’s degree from an accredited institution. One of the applicant’s degrees must be in an agricultural field of study that may include, Animal Sciences, Rangeland Sciences, Agricultural Business Management, Farm Management, Agriculture Education, Extension Education, or a closely related discipline. The required degree(s) must be completed by the date of hire.
• Experience and ability to organize and work collaboratively with individuals and organizations from a range of public and private perspectives, as well as diverse backgrounds.
• Experience adapting research materials for effective written and oral presentations.
• Experience with necessary competency in people related skills such as teaching, problem solving, communication, conflict management, relationship building, leadership development, and volunteer/partner recruitment.
• Experience and ability to travel and adjust to a flexible work schedule (i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs/meetings, as well as overnight travel for work).
• Experience working in Extension and/or a Land Grant University.
• At least three years of experience or demonstrated ability and skill in agricultural business management, farm management, animal science, range science, or agriculture, (relevant experience acquired within last five years preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to design innovative and effective educational programs in response to local needs; implement and market programs and evaluate their effectiveness.
• Experience with livestock production.
• Experience in grant application and administration.
• Experience working in youth development programs.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) in Spanish.
• Ability to work well in a team, provide effective leadership for Extension programming.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license or provide their own driver.
• Physical ability to move and lift 50 lbs.
Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Must possess a valid driver’s license or provide their own driver.
Physical ability to move and lift 50 lbs.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001137P
Posting Date: 05/11/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by June 11, 2023, will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIdaho-Responsive/Files/human-resources/careers/letter-of-qualification-template.docx?la=en&hash=BB7E0EE86C9FC9D4B8C524A2A45A8FDBC9D2EA01 addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed. In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:MJ FisherUniversity of Idaho Central District Director(208) firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4180869
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.