Salary and Other Benefits
$40,000 - $45,000
ssential responsibilities for the position include planning, marketing, conducting, and evaluating educational programs in Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) for Cherokee County.
Emphasis of the Family and Consumer Sciences program is on nutrition, food safety, health and wellness, food preservation, chronic disease reduction, and volunteer management. The position will conduct viable, proactive research-based educational programs in these areas primarily for adult audiences. The position will collaborate with Extension agents in the region on common educational program initiatives. Another component will be food safety education for home audiences, non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, commercial food operations, and the restaurant trade. The ability to obtain training in an approved food safety certification program is expected. This position will also be the coordinator of the local food.
The Agent in this position will provide leadership for the development, implementation, evaluation, and marketing of an effective educational program in family and consumer sciences, including the areas of foods, nutrition, and health.
Additionally, the agent will work to identify opportunities for providing assistance to community partners in the area of improving their policies, systems, and environments to better support healthy eating and physical activity. The agent works with the project and county team, pro-actively providing programming to their appointed counties.
Technology and web-based platforms will be used to be efficient and educational opportunities will be provided virtually and in-person. Grant funding will be secured to enhance programming in Cherokee County.
Essential job duties include:
• Coordinate with collaborating agencies to plan and implement programs.
• Conduct direct nutrition education programs as outlined in Steps to Health program curricula and training.
• Facilitate the collection of appropriate demographic and evaluation data using specified tools.
• Purchase and prepare food and supplies for program-specific taste tests.
• Track and spend within provided budgets for each program.
• Participate in Steps to Health training.
• With guidance from and in collaboration with Steps to Health campus staff, support partnering agencies in making positive improvements in nutrition and physical activity policies, systems, and environmental changes.
• Travel within Cherokee County.
• Track and maintain program-related paperwork such as data, inventory, and other documentation in an organized manner
Driver’s license or alternate transportation required?